Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thank goodness for odd...

I was actually going to write about this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/21/autistic-boy-banned-from_n_102953.html

I had a somewhat related experience with my own son this Sunday, though my interaction with the pastor and celebrant have been a lot more positive. It actually opens a bunch of issues that are a bit hard to write about, so I had been putting it off, digesting. Then I found this:

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=343586&GT1=28102

The first two paragraphs are almost two weird for comment:
SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) -- Madonna is causing
"crazy enthusiasm" and "impure thoughts" on her first concert visit to Chile, a
prominent retired cardinal complained on Wednesday, as he paused in a tribute to
a late dictator to denounce the pop star.

Roman Catholic Cardinal Jorge Medina criticized the flamboyant singer
during his homily at a Mass in honor of the late dictator Augusto Pinochet, who
oversaw the deaths of some 3,200 dissidents during his 1973-1990 rule.

I'm not that surprised that a Cardinal would object to a Madonna invasion on the grounds of public morality, but the words "Mass in honor of the late dictator Augusto Pinochet" were already hard enough to get my head around without a bumping and grinding Madonna thrown into the mix. But I guess you can't look at this:



Without thinking of this:



I think it is the boots and hat.

No comments: